TRzSplitter Refresh Issue.

Components on the Raize Panels palette: panels, group bars, page controls, splitters, toolbars, status bars, group boxes, etc.

TRzSplitter Refresh Issue.

Postby SteveG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi Ray,

I've noticed a refresh problem with the TRzSplitter under Windows 7. If I resize a window with a TRzSplitter on it, the windows doesn't refresh correctly until I manually change the size of the splitter. Strangely, this only seems to occur on Windows 7 machines.

Please see attached screenshots.

Regards,

Steve
Attachments
Spliiter Refresh Issue.png
Spliiter Refresh Issue.png (69.22 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
SteveG

Re: TRzSplitter Refresh Issue.

Postby Raize Support » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the report. What is the parent of the TRzSplitter? Is it the form, or some other control? Create you recreate the problem in a test project? If so, please send the source code (no executables) to support@raize.com and we'll take a look. Also, which version of Delphi are you using? In recent versions of Delphi, more DoubleBuffering support was added to the VCL and the effect you are seeing is most likely the result of some controls using double-buffering and some not.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Re: TRzSplitter Refresh Issue.

Postby SteveG » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:39 am

Hi Ray,

The hierarchy of components is:

TForm
-TRzPanel
--TNxHeaderPanel
---TRzPageControl
----TRzTabSheet
-----TRzPanel
------TRzSplitter

I think the TNxHeaderPanel may be the culprit. The project was compiled using Delphi 7. I recompiled it with XE2 and it now works fine. No more refreshing problems.

Regards,

Steve
SteveG

Return to Panels