TRzGroupBar and scrolling issue

Components on the Raize Panels palette: panels, group bars, page controls, splitters, toolbars, status bars, group boxes, etc.

TRzGroupBar and scrolling issue

Postby gtalpers » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Greetings!

I am using a TRzGroupBar on a slide-out and pinnable panel (similar to XE IDE). I have enough groups in the GroupBar that a vertical scroll bar appears. My problem is that every time the panel is pinned or unpinned it triggers scrolling all the way to the bottom group. Also, if the panel is unpinned at design time and the top group is showing, when I run the project the group bar is scrolled all the way to the bottom again. Is there any way to control this behavior? I would like to always keep the top group showing unless the user scrolls manually.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Gary
gtalpers

Re: TRzGroupBar and scrolling issue

Postby Raize Support » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Gary,

The scrolling to the end happens when the group bar gets reparented. The easiest way to fix this is to simply set the ScrollPosition property after the group bar is pinned or unpinned. For example,

RzGroupBar1.ScrollPosition := 0;

will cause the first group to be visible.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby gtalpers » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks much Ray!
gtalpers

Postby gtalpers » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Ray,

After further review...I can get things to work properly when the dock panel is unpinned, but when it's pinned the scroll bar does indeed go to the top, but the bottom group is still fully visible! This means that the top group is invisible and cannot be shown at all. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks very much!
Gary
gtalpers

Postby Raize Support » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Gary,

Are you able to duplicate the problem in a test project? If so, please send the source code (no executables) to support@raize.com and we'll take a look.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Panels