Trzsplitter and scaleby

Components on the Raize Panels palette: panels, group bars, page controls, splitters, toolbars, status bars, group boxes, etc.

Trzsplitter and scaleby

Postby mastinf » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 am

hello,

shouldn't scaleby method change the splitter POSITION when executed ? Now it's not changed.

mastinf

Re: Trzsplitter and scaleby

Postby Raize Support » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi,

Are you calling ScaleBy directly on the TRzSplitter? Or, are you doing it at the form level?

Also, have you considered setting the UsePercent property to True. When you do, the position is automatically maintained at its percentage position which means it handles resizes appropriately.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby mastinf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:15 am

Hello,

I'm scaling the form.

The usepercent property will make the splitter resize when the form is resized and i don't want it.

Raize Support wrote:Hi,

Are you calling ScaleBy directly on the TRzSplitter? Or, are you doing it at the form level?

Also, have you considered setting the UsePercent property to True. When you do, the position is automatically maintained at its percentage position which means it handles resizes appropriately.

Ray
mastinf

Postby mastinf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 am

Only to say that i have found a workaround.
After scaleby has been executed i loop in all components and for all TrzSplitter i calculate and set the new position. Seems to work.
Anyway you could consider to change the component to make it happens automatically. I think it makes sense.

Roberto
mastinf

Return to Panels