TRzPageControl doesnt work like TPageControl

Components on the Raize Panels palette: panels, group bars, page controls, splitters, toolbars, status bars, group boxes, etc.

TRzPageControl doesnt work like TPageControl

Postby Nonstop » Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 pm

I am converting a program from Delphi7 TPageControl to Raize version 5.5.1 TRzPageControl.

I have pagecontrols that contain other pagecontrols.
some tabsheets are created dynamically when the tab is selected.
If the tabsheet is the default tabsheet for a pagecontrol and it was dynamically created it is blank the first time I select that tab.

with TPageControl I fixed this by setting the ActivePageIndex to -1 then setting it to the selected tabindex.

but with TRzPageControl I cannot set the ActivePageIndex to -1 because it crashes. I also had to call RzPageControl.ActivePage.Show to get the OnShow code to get called. With TRzPageControl the default Rztabsheet is blank until the user selects another tab then reselects the default tab.

Thanks for any help.
Nonstop

Re: TRzPageControl doesnt work like TPageControl

Postby Raize Support » Sat May 23, 2015 3:15 am

Hi,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish.

You have a page control that contains tab sheets, and on one or more tab sheets, you have other "nested" page controls. Correct?

What I do not understand is your sentence "If the tab sheet is the default tab sheet for a page control and it was dynamically created it is blank the first time I select the tab". Is the tab sheet that you are referring to a tab sheet created for the outer page control, or a tab sheet for a nested page control? And what exactly do you mean by blank? Is the tab's caption blank? Or, is it the client are of the tab sheet that is blank? And if it is the client area of the tab sheet, could it be that the tab is simply not the active tab?

With respect to not being able to set ActivePageIndex to -1, what exactly happens when you do this? I just tested setting the TRzPageControl.ActivePageIndex to -1 and TabIndex to -1 and I was unable to duplicate any errors in doing so.

Are you able to duplicate what you are trying to accomplish in a test project? If so, please send the source code (no executables) to support@raize.com and we'll take a look.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Panels