FrameController FocusColor

Components on the Raize Display palette: frame controllers, menu controllers, labels, borders, lines, separators, status panes, progress bars, etc.

FrameController FocusColor

Postby rhcarpenter » Fri May 27, 2016 7:59 am

I am using Raize Controls v6.1.12 with Delphi XE5.

I have the focus color set to clYellow. I recently started using the VCL Styles available with XE5. (I think these VCL styles have been available since XE2 or earlier). When I use the styles, the focus color does not get set. Does the Framecontroller not work when using the VCL styles?
rhcarpenter

Re: FrameController FocusColor

Postby Raize Support » Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,

The reason the FocusColor property has no effect when using VCL Styles is because the Color property does not have any effect. That is, when VCL styles are used, the style defines the background image to be used for the control. As a result, the Color property is ignored. The FocusColor property is a way to toggle the Color property from the normal color to a different color when the control is focused.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby rhcarpenter » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:02 pm

>>The FocusColor property is a way to toggle the Color property from the normal color to a different color >>when the control is focused.

I understand what focus does. Prior to using VCL styles, I had the focus color set to yellow so the user could easily distinguish the active field.

Is there a way to make the focus color work when using VCL styles? My users like the VCL styles but they are upset that the focus color is no longer working. Any help you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter
rhcarpenter

Postby Raize Support » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Technically it is possible to have the FocusColor work with VCL Styles active. However, it would require coding changes in the components. There are a couple of ways to handle this. One way is to add the StyleElements property and allow the developer to have the component control its display. This would provide some level of customization but may not provide enough granularity. The other option would be to add additional properties to allow components to override the VCL Style settings. The point is that both approaches require additional coding changes.

The StyleElements property is definitely something that I would like to see added to the components, and then additional properties could be provided to handle extra customization. I am hoping that Embarcadero will be able to add these enhancements in the near future.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Display