Visual Studio C++ version

Home Forums CodeSite Visual Studio C++ version

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ray,

Doubt you remember me, it’s been more years than even I recall. I used your CodeSite for years in Delphi and loved it. I have just purchased your current CodeSite Studio v5. I use Visual Studio 2015. I see that you have created a C++ version of your CodeSite interface for use in Borland’s C++.

How difficult would it be to provide the same for the Visual Studio 2015 C++?

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Welcome back! CodeSite’s support for C++Builder is actually provided by the Delphi compiler. That is, the source code is written in Delphi and we first compile it for Delphi and then compile it again using a command line option which causes the compiler to produce the necessary files for use in C++Builder. The .NET logging assembly is written C# and can be used in any .NET managed application. Providing CodeSite support for Visual C++ would require creating a native C++ logging module, which while certainly possible, it is not a trivial matter.

Ray

Ed Wilson
          Participant

I know there is a way to use a C# DLL in C++… I’ll see what that offers as a possibility.

Ed

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.