Restart message after installing the Dispatcher with InnoSetup

Home Forums CodeSite Restart message after installing the Dispatcher with InnoSetup

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ronald Hermans
      Participant

Hi,

As I understand it I need to deploy the Dispatcher at the users computer in order to be able to send log messages to the logfiles. We deploy our application through InnoSetup and added the installation of the Dispatcher with the following code:

Source: ..\Build\DLL\CodeSiteToolsSetup.txt; DestDir: {app}
        Source: ..\Build\DLL\CS4_Tools.exe; DestDir: {app}; AfterInstall: RunOtherInstaller
        procedure RunOtherInstaller;
        var
          lcResultCode: Integer;
          lcExeCommand: string;
        begin
          lcExeCommand := ExpandConstant('{app}\CS4_Tools.exe');
          EnableFSRedirection(True);
          if not Exec(lcExeCommand, '/s /m=CodeSiteToolsSetup.txt', '', SW_HIDE, ewNoWait, lcResultCode) then
          begin
            MsgBox('Logging tool installer failed to run!' + #13#10 + lcExeCommand + #13#10 + SysErrorMessage(lcResultCode), mbError, MB_OK);
          end;
        end;

The problem is that even with the /s switch there is a message that the computer needs to be rebooted.

Is there a way to avoid this message.

Thanks in advance
        Ronald

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

In general the CodeSite Tools installer should not require a restart. However, a couple things come to mind. First, does the restart prompt occur for all users, or just some users? Also, is your main installer being executed with Administrator rights? The CS4 Tools installer does try to update keys in the Registry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. Also, was CodeSite previously installed on the machines causing the issue? It’s possible that Dispatcher may have already been installed on the machine. The current CodeSite Tools installer does check if any of the tools are currently running and shuts them down. However, the current version is CS5, not CS4. I believe this functionality was added to CS4, but I don’t recall the exact version. Is there are particular reason you are using CodeSite 4 instead of CodeSite 5?

Ray

Ronald Hermans
          Participant

Hi Ray,

The reason that we are using CodeSite 4 is that we are stuck to Delphi 2007 unfortunately. Due to the way de application is coded (spaghetti) it is not a simple task to move to the latest version (and believe me, I really would love to go over for so many reasons).

But I think you pointed me in the right direction. I will try it with administrator rights and on a clean machine.

Thanks for your help.
            Ronald

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.