dm no longer working

Home Forums DropMaster dm no longer working

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ralph Tuttle
      Participant

Using Win10, D7 and dm 1.5

Went to update a program I wrote years ago.  After recompiling none of the text or graphic targets accept anything.

Loaded the demo projects and they also would not work.  Is there a new security or setting in Win 10 that I need to change?

Also tried setting the acceptorControl to nil and then to the panel in the form create function.  No luck there either.

TIA

RT

DropMaster Support
        Participant

Can you drag and drop between any programs that are not built with DM?

This sounds like a Windows UAC issue where one of the programs involved is running as administrator and the other is not. What happens if you run your DM-based drop target application as administrator?

Ralph Tuttle
          Participant

Thanks for taking time to answer.

I am able to drag and drop from other non DM programs (word to excel).  Ran mine with ‘run as administrator’ property ticked.  No change.  Same with your ‘memo’ demo program.  The cursor never changes from the ‘not allowed’ symbol.

Any other ideas?

TIA

RT

DropMaster Support
              Participant

If you’d like to experiment with a version of a demo created in a later Delphi/DM version, send me an email to dropmaster@raize.com with the email address where you’d like to receive a download link.

DropMaster Support
              Participant

Are you running compiled versions of the programs, or running inside the IDE?

If this is not a UAC/security-related thing, I’m not sure what else to suggest. I can give you a link to a compiled exe for one of the demos to download if you’d like to try that? D7/DM1.5 is pretty old.

Ralph Tuttle
                Participant

Sorry for the late response.  I didn’t get notified of your posts.

I  have tried both running on and outside of the ide.  I copied the old exe from a backup and that doesn’t accept DandD either so it seems that it must be an issue with a Win10 update.

I will email for a newer demo link and try that.

Thanks,

RT

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.