TRzSendMessage

Components on the Raize Widgets palette: calendars, time pickers, calculators, color pickers, property stores, launchers, tray icons, balloon hints, etc.

TRzSendMessage

Postby rhcarpenter » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Is the TRzSendMessage component designed to work with Windows Live Mail? I can successfully send mail using this component on machines where Outlook is installed. And I think in the past it has also worked on machines on which only Outlook Express is installed. But I cannot successfully send mail using TRzSendMessage when the machine only has Windows Live Mail installed as its mail client. I did some research and based on my findings, apparently WLM is not fully MAPI compliant. Is there any way I can get it to work on machines using WLM as the mail client?

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter
rhcarpenter

Re: TRzSendMessage

Postby Raize Support » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi Randall,

The TRzSendMessage component is a VCL wrapper around the Simple Messaging API (MAPI) and if the installed mail client does not support MAPI, there is not much that we can do.

As an alternative, you could use the TIdSMTP component that comes with Delphi (as part of the Indy components). It uses the SMTP protocol to send mail and does not require any particular mail client to be installed.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Re: TRzSendMessage

Postby mastinf » Wed May 11, 2011 3:50 am

rhcarpenter wrote:Is the TRzSendMessage component designed to work with Windows Live Mail? I can successfully send mail using this component on machines where Outlook is installed. And I think in the past it has also worked on machines on which only Outlook Express is installed. But I cannot successfully send mail using TRzSendMessage when the machine only has Windows Live Mail installed as its mail client. I did some research and based on my findings, apparently WLM is not fully MAPI compliant. Is there any way I can get it to work on machines using WLM as the mail client?

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter

Hi Randall,

i have a similar problem. I'm not able to send email using the mapi protocol if the recipient address is not in the WLM (2011) contact list. This happens not only with Raize component but also with others mapi components. Have you found a solution to this problem ?

mastinf

Return to Widgets