CodeSiteDBTools

CodeSite logging interface classes: default "CodeSite" logger, T|CodeSiteLogger class, destinations, formatters, etc.

CodeSiteDBTools

Postby janr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:11 am

"What's new" of CodeSite Studio 4.6.2 mentions "CodeSiteDBTools".

I wanted to get a feeling of the possibilities of TCodeSiteSQLMonitor, so I made sure the package "VCL DB Tools" is installed.
Questions
1) my application doesnot seem to recognise the unit "CodeSiteDBTools". What am I doing wrong?
2) I can't find any documentation of TCodeSiteSQLMonitor in the help files. I hope TCodeSiteSQLMonitor makes it easy to log the SQL-string and parameters of a TOracleDataSet. Where can I find some documentation or samples of this class?

Regards,
Jan Reynaerts
janr

Re: CodeSiteDBTools

Postby Raize Support » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 am

The TCodeSiteSQLMonitor is a simple descendant of the TSQLMonitor that comes with the VCL. TCodeSiteSQLMonitor defines a Logger property (to reference a TCodeSiteLogger) and overrides the TSQLMonitor.Trace method. Thus, the built-in trace functionality of TSQLMonitor is redirected to a TCodeSiteLogger.

To log SQL strings and parameters from any dataset, you do not need to use the CodeSite DB Tools. You can simply use the built in Send methods to send the property values you are interested in. The CodeSiteDBTools unit contains the TCodeSiteSQLMonitor (as described above) and a couple custom formatters for capturing record data and table data from a TDataset and sending it to CodeSite.

Also, I do not understand what you mean when you say your application does not seem to recognize the CodeSiteDBTools unit. Can you provide more details about what exactly is happening?

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby janr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks Ray for your information. I probably don't need the CodesiteDBTool. About the problem of 'not recognizing the unit', here's what I did:
I downloaded the CS4.zip file and installed the components. In my Delphi environment I see that 'CodeSite Studio 4.6.2 VCL DB Tools' is installed, like 'CodeSite Studio 4.6.2 VCL Logging Components' is installed.

In the '.pas'-file I'm able to add the unit 'CodeSiteLogging' to the 'uses'-part. However when I try to add the unit 'CodeSiteDBTools' to the 'uses'-part, Delphi doesnot seem to recognize this unit, and when I compile it, I get the error:
'[DCC Fatal Error] CodeSit.pas(8): F2051 Unit CodeSiteDBTools was compiled with a different version of SqlExpr.TSQLMonitor'.

I Hope this will help you.
Regards, Jan Reynaerts
janr

Postby Raize Support » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Jan,

I suspect that you are using Delphi XE. When Embarcadero released Update 1 for Delphi XE, they changed the interface of the DBExpress units, and this is what is causing this issue.

If you really need to use the CodeSiteDBTools in XE, we can provide you with the necessary files. Otherwise, you can wait for CS5 which will be built with XE Update #1 and will not have this issue.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Loggers