Viewer doesn't receive messages

CodeSite Dispatcher, CodeSite Viewers, CodeSite Controller

Viewer doesn't receive messages

Postby nwinkler » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:29 am

Sorry for bothering with a very old Codesite version.

I've bought a new computer with Windows 7 home and installed Delphi 7 and Codesite 2.
It goes, except of it is necessary to start the viewer manually.
Now I've installed a Windows 7 professionell.
After installing Delphi 7 and Codesite 2, nothing goes. The manually started viewer shows no messages.
Every first time after boot I start a little CS-test-program, Windows ask me for permission to start CSDispatcher. And the first time of all starts it ask for network-permission.
I've stopped the firewall, without success.
I've read about "Group Policy" and searched in its definitions, but I didn't find a point, that differs from "w7 home premium" to "w7 professional"
It's a pity.

Best regards Norbert
nwinkler

Re: Viewer doesn't receive messages

Postby Raize Support » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi,

Yes, CodeSite 2 is very old. Windows XP wasn't even released when CodeSite 2 was first released. Upgrading your version of CodeSite would be the best solution, and although CodeSite 5 supports Delphi 2009 and later, you can use CodeSite 4 with Delphi 7.

Aside from upgrading, I would try running the Dispatcher and Viewer as an administrator. Specifically, right-click on the Dispatcher icon, and select Run as administrator from the context menu. Do the same for the Viewer. Then check your test app and see if the messages go through.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby nwinkler » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 am

Dear Ray,

thank you for answering.

Upgrading isn't possible, because its my work software, and Delphi is deprecated.
Some times I use it at home.

Starting as administrator doesn't work (I give my account the administrator attribute too.)

Now I've written a workaround, a substitution for the codesite-class that simply write all messages to a text-file.
It's not so comfortable, but at home I didn't need it very often. And I wouldn't erase my W7-home-system.

By the way:
At work I've also W7 prof installed and codesite works perfectly like under XP.
Some security rules are stronger on my W7 prof, but which?

Norbert
nwinkler

Postby Raize Support » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 am

By chance, did the Dispatcher get Disabled? This would explain why messages are not getting through.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Tools