csdispatcher.exe does not start when application tries to lo

CodeSite Dispatcher, CodeSite Viewers, CodeSite Controller

csdispatcher.exe does not start when application tries to lo

Postby ToddFlora » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello,

I have XE3 with CS5 Express edition. I have followed the help file so that a csl file will be generated on my customers machine.

1) Added CSDispatcher.exe to same location where my exe file starts from during installation on a customer machine
2) I have added the necessary code to log to a file in my main forms FormCreate method.

All logging works fine on a development machine, but no log file is generated on a Client computer.

It seems that the CSDispatcher.exe file is not starting as the help file says it should when the application first tries to generate a log entry.

I am basing my comments on the Help Topic GettingStarted/Deploying CodeSite. On this page there is the following Tip.

TIP
If you are only interested in generating a log file for your application, and you do not require the Live/File Viewer nor the Controller, then an alternative to installing the CodeSite Tools is to simply copy the CSDispatcher.exe file to the same directory as your application. When your application tries to send its first CodeSite message, the CSDispatcher.exe program will be started and the log file will be updated by the Dispatcher. When your application closes, you may wish to call the T|CodeSiteLogger.CloseDispatcher method to terminate the Dispatcher.
ToddFlora

Re: csdispatcher.exe does not start when application tries t

Postby Raize Support » Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 am

Hi,

The CodeSite Logging Classes will try to start the Dispatcher using the normal method first, which means that it will check the registry for the location of the installed CodeSite Dispatcher and then start it. If the registry entries are not there, then the logging class will look for the CSDispatcher.exe in the current directory.

On the client machines, were the CodeSite Tools installed previously? Also, is the CSDispatcher.exe in the current directory. This may not be the same as the executable directory. For example, if you created a shortcut pointing to your executable but the starting directory was different, then the current directory will be the starting directory.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Re: csdispatcher.exe does not start when application tries t

Postby ToddFlora » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks Ray, That fixed it.

Might be a nice addition to the Tip in the documentation.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Todd.
ToddFlora

Return to Tools