Unable to launch LiveView and no sign of new messages

Post questions here regarding the CodeSite Express edition

Unable to launch LiveView and no sign of new messages

Postby clementyap » Fri May 22, 2015 4:23 am

Hi I have a new sudden problem.

In Embardcaerco RAD Studio XE7 software, I was unable to call the help window.

After the steps to resolve (http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43035), it was solved.Then I am unable to auto-launch CodeSite LiveView, when I run the previously passed test program with library path to CodeSite libraries. Even CodeSite LiveView is already opened, there are no signs of new incoming messages although I clicked button to execute CodeSite.Send().

It seems that all are changed after repair the bug of Embardcaerco RAD Studio XE7 software.

Please advise

Clement
clementyap

Re: Unable to launch LiveView and no sign of new messages

Postby Raize Support » Sat May 23, 2015 3:02 am

Hi Clement,

I am very surprised that fixing the Help for RAD Studio would have affected anything but the help system. CodeSite does not even using the default Help System for RAD Studio, so any type of interaction between the two is quite odd indeed.

Assuming that your code is compiling correctly, there are two primary ways in which messages may not get to the Live Viewer. The first is that the CodeSite logger (or the CodeSiteManager) is disabled. If either the logger or the CodeSiteManager is disabled, then no message will be sent. The second way is that the CodeSite Dispatcher is disabled. But neither of these ways would get changed without you actually making these changes. That is, simply fixing the help should not have caused the messages to no longer show up.

So, I would suggest setting a breakpoint on your CodeSite.Send method in your test project. Then run the program and when the debugger breaks into your code, inspect the CodeSite.Enabled property and see if it is Enabled. Next, step over the CodeSite.Send method call, and then went the call returns check the CodeSite.Enabled property again. Is it still enabled?

As for the Dispatcher being disabled, you can determine this by looking at the Dispatcher Icon in the system tray. If the icon is gray, then the Dispatcher is disabled. If it is tan then it is enabled.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Re: Unable to launch LiveView and no sign of new messages

Postby clementyap » Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi Ray Thanks

Now everything is ok. I am able to trigger codeSite LiveView when the button is clicked.
Also I am able to see incoming messages.

I am not sure how it was restored. Either the Delphi XE7 is opened the next day or the dispatcher is disabled and enabled again.

Thanks for your help.
CodeSite logging is really helpful and convenient.

Clement
clementyap

Return to Express Edition