UAC

Have a CodeSite question that doesn't fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Re: UAC

Postby etwoss » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:16 am

Hi

It's a single one. Yes I have a singleton class which is initiated at startup. If I put my codesite code there it works fine. This singleton also instantiates other classes and when I put codesite there its not shown.

Eric
etwoss

Postby Raize Support » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 am

So, let me see if I understand correctly. Your COM Server creates the singleton at initialization and before making any CodeSite.Send() method calls, you are calling CodeSiteManager.ConnectUsingTcp(). Is that correct?

Then elsewhere in the Singleton class, you call CodeSite.Send() methods and the output is showing up in the CodeSite Live Viewer. Is that correct?

However, you also call CodeSite.Send() methods from within other objects that are created by the singleton, but these CodeSite messages do NOT show up in the Live Viewer. Is that correct?

And we are positive that the CodeSite.Send method statements in these other objects are indeed actually getting called?

Are you using the global TCodeSiteLogger instance named CodeSite to send your messages? Or, do you have multiple TCodeSiteLogger instances? I am wondering if the logger is getting disabled and thus the messages are not sent to the Dispatcher.

I would also like to know if you bring up the Task Manager after running your app that calls into the COM Server how many instances of the CodeSite Dispatcher appear in the Task Manager. When you bring up Task Manager, make sure you can see all processes that are running.

And finally, would it be possible to create a really small demo of your setup that illustrates the problem? If so, please send the source code (no executables) to support@raize.com and I'll take a look.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby etwoss » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:25 am

Hi

It's working now,

1) i altered the place where i put my CodesiteManager.ConnectUsingTCP
2) Run the dispatcher as Administrator

Now i have codesite there where i want it

The initialization place was the most important i think
i even get an AV on CodesiteManager.ConnectUsingTCP in some places

Thanks for your help Ray!

Eric
etwoss

Postby etwoss » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:14 am

Hi Ray

Great to have Codesite working in the hughe ComServer (more than > 600.000 lines of code)
I could not have missed it, great tooling!!!!

Eric
etwoss

Postby Raize Support » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:31 am

Wonderful. Glad to hear you got it working!

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Previous

Return to General