TRzShellList, TRzPanel & Transparency

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) TRzShellList, TRzPanel & Transparency

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John Brazier
      Participant

OK, running Berlin under Win 10, and I’m trying to make TRzShellList read-only, and that includes ignoring button clicks (which still work even when read-only is set to true, a feature of VCL I seem to remember). One quick fix looked like covering it with a TRzPanel, which has the transparency property.
        But activating the panel transparency just seems to set it to the colour of the form: the TRzShellList isn’t being displayed. Now it could be that I’m misusing it, so would like to know what “transparency” means in the case of the TRzPanel.
        Otherwise, I’ll just have to filter the messages for the button-click events on the TRzShellList, but it is messier.
        Thanks.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Transparency in VCL controls that have a window handle (as opposed to TGraphicControl descendants) is handled by the control painting the parent window’s background into the control’s client area. So, the panel is behaving as designed.

I’m not entirely sure what you are expecting a ReadOnly shell list to do, or not to do? From your description you might want to try setting the Enabled property to False, and then change the DisabledColor property to clWindow if you want it to appear active.

Ray

John Brazier
          Participant

Thanks for the response. In the application the ShellList is really only there to confirm to the user that they’re in the right folder by displaying the files in it: they already have a folder requester dialog and drag-and-drop to select a folder. If I leave the ShellList active, they can get into trouble as by itself it doesn’t seem to have a “back” or “up” option: I could add the ShellCombo to help them use the ShellList for navigation, but it all starts getting a bit cluttered. I’ll try your suggestion.
            As an aside, I see Embarcadero seem determined to waste their investment in your great components: they really don’t seem to know what to do with them.
            Thanks for your help,
            JB

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.