Codesite on Windows Server 2008

Have a CodeSite question that doesn't fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Codesite on Windows Server 2008

Postby christoph » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello,
I used Codesite on a 2003 Server as a service. It works fine for many years.
No my customer change to Windows server 2008.

I move all programms from 2003 Server to 2008 Server and install Codesite Version 5 also as a service and enable the communication with the desktop.
My programs ar running, but Codesite does not work as expected.
The CSDispatcher and the CSLiveviewer running as System user. This is differnt to windows 2003 Server.
On Server 2003 CSLiveviewer starts in the Console and show the messages.

I try to start on 2008 Server the CSLiveviewer as local user, but the it does not run.

Do you have any idea?

Best Regards,
Christoph
christoph

Re: Codesite on Windows Server 2008

Postby Raize Support » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Christoph,

In recent versions of Windows, Microsoft has further isolated the services window station from the user's desktop (running in a separate window station). Even if you setup your application to interact with the desktop, this does not really result in the same behavior that you used to have with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Are your applications service applications or regular programs? If they are regular programs, then you can simply run the Dispatcher as a regular application and not as a service. If your applications are services, then you can continue to run the Dispatcher as a service, but you will need to change your CodeSite Destination to be a CodeSite Log File. Then you can analyze the log file with the Log Viewer or the Live Viewer.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby christoph » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:07 am

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your answer.
So there is only the chance to create log files instead of viewing the log in the live viewer.

Then I have to do that.

Best Regards,
Christoph
christoph

Postby Raize Support » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Yes, when dealing with services, sending messages to a log file is the only practical solution in the current version.
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to General