Severe problems after update to version 6.1.8

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Severe problems after update to version 6.1.8

Postby ChemistPeter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Hallo,

I just updated to your new version 6.1.8 and I am faced with several severe problems

Download and installation of the packegae runs smooth without any problem but after rebooting the PC and first start of Delphi 2010 Professional several problems came up:

During start of Delphi2010 a German error message came up. I will translate:
bds.exe - Entry Point not found
The procedure entry point
"QRzradchkQTRzCustomGlyphButton@PaintBackgroundSqqrp5HDC_
was not found in DLL "RaizeComponentsVcl140.bpl"
After ok the application stopped and I closed Delphi.
After a Restart of Delphi the above error message appeared again but now the application started and it seems that it behaves normal.

Now I closed the Application and closed Delphi.
Now I started Delphi again followed by the start of the application - the above error message disappered.

But when I checked the installed packages under components I found 2 missing files under the design Packages:

File c:\program files\embarcadero\rad Studio\7.0\bin\dacvd140. bpl not found
File c:\program files\embarcadero\rad Studio\7.0\bin\dddac140.bpl not found

I checked but the files are physically definetly not present in the mentioned directory. Where are the missing files ?

Now I am seriously concerned concerning the quality of my Delphi installation.

Please advise how to proceed - this is an urgent request

Best regards
Peter
ChemistPeter

Re: Severe problems after update to version 6.1.8

Postby Raize Support » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 am

Hi,

From what you describe, it sounds like one of two things. First, is that you do not have all of the Updates applied to Delphi 2010. All of the Raize Components packages and DCUs are built with the latest versions of each IDE.

The second option is that during the installation, you had one or more applications running that were using the Raize Components packages and they were not correctly updated.

As for the other BPL files that you mentioned, Raize Components does not make use of either of these. I would suggest running the Delphi 2010 installer and have it determine if anything is missing for Delphi. Then I would re-run the RC6 installer. I just verified that RC 6.1.8 does load and work correctly in Delphi 2010.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby ChemistPeter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Hallo Ray,

thanks for your message.

I am 100% sure that during the installation of Raize Components no application was running that use Delphi and/or Raize components. Everything was closed!

You mentioned that it is essential to run a Delphi system that contains already all Delphi updates before rhe installation of Raize components.

Therefore I started the Delphi installer and found the following menu items:
Upgrade
Change
Repair
Delete

First I tried the option "Change" with no success - problems remain as described
Second I tried the option "Repair" but also this attempt failed. - problems remain as described
In both cases I have not got any message that something was missing.

But now during the first start in both cases I got the additional error message:
"Package C:\Program\Files\Raize\RC...\RaizeComponentsVclDB_Design140.bpl can not be loaded"

When I started my application and ignoring all the error messages i realiszed in my application all TRzDBGrids are not declared which makes sense according the above message.

Do you have any suggestion to go ahead?
Best regards

Peter
ChemistPeter

Postby Raize Support » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:50 pm

In the Program Group for Delphi 2010, there should be an item named "Check for Updates". Updates to Delphi are released by Embarcadero as separate downloadable installs. They are not automatically accessed by the Delphi 2010 installer. I would suggest running the Check for Updates program in the Delphi 2010 Program Group, and follow the instructions to download and install any updates that are available.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Postby ChemistPeter » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 am

Halo Ray,

I followed exactly your advice but the check for updates was negative - that means no available updates were shown.

Now I started a complete new Delphi2010 installation with the actual install file on a PC that never had a Delphi installation before. Afterwards I installed Raize Components 6.1.8 without any problems and also my application worked fine.

Based on this positive result I tried to appply this procedure to my development PC that showed the described problems I run the Embarcadrero uninstall procedure and afterwards I started again the Delphi Installer. Installation worked fine. Now I installed version 6.1.8 and obtained exactly the same problems as already described previously.

Therefore again I uninstalled Delphi and then i cleaned all remaining entries in the registry by hand (e.g. I deleted all entries in CodeGear, Borland, Embarcadero). After this procedure I tried again the Delphi installation followed by your new version 6.1.8:

EVERYTHING IS OK NOW - No problems any longer.

I have now idea what was wrong but now fortunately its OK again.

Thank you very much for your support
Peter
ChemistPeter

Postby Raize Support » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi Peter,

We are very glad to hear that you have things working again.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Return to General