Source-only package, please

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Source-only package, please

Postby bstaggs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:23 am

Please, please, please consider allowing us to download the component in source-only form.

I have no need for the automated installation process and find the whole thing to be a significant productivity killer when moving from one version of Delphi to the next. I have a few minor changes to the source tree that I have made over the years and it would be WAY easier to do all this if I could just download the source and not have to install anything.

Thank you for your consideration.
bstaggs

Re: Source-only package, please

Postby Raize Support » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:38 pm

We can certainly consider that for the future. However, we also receive lots of comments from our customers with appreciation for the simplified installation process.

In regards to the changes that you have made, would you care to share those? Perhaps they could be incorporated into the product code base.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby GoEk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Raize Support wrote:... However, we also receive lots of comments from our customers with appreciation for the simplified installation process...

Count me in, do not remove the current and excellent installation process!
GoEk

Postby bstaggs » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

GoEk wrote:
Raize Support wrote:... However, we also receive lots of comments from our customers with appreciation for the simplified installation process...

Count me in, do not remove the current and excellent installation process!

Just to be clear, I am not asking for them to be removed, just an alternative download of just the source.
bstaggs

Postby bstaggs » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Raize Support wrote:In regards to the changes that you have made, would you care to share those? Perhaps they could be incorporated into the product code base.

I doubt it would be useful. I am changing how the drop-down menu works in the tab control so I can provide my own content there (not using a popup menu), and the hint control I use conflicts somehow with the hints that come up in the list boxes, so I am reverting to the prior code which forces the stock hint window class.
bstaggs

Postby Raize Support » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Interesting about the drop down menu of the tab control. In the drop down do you still provide access to the various tabs, or is it used to display different content entirely.

As for the hints in list boxes, back in 6.1 the TRzListBox was modified to avoid any conflict with the TRzBalloonHint component.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to General