Firemonkey REAALLY needs Raize!

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Firemonkey REAALLY needs Raize!

Postby Dr_Bob_MILLER » Wed May 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Hey Ray, I don't know whether you are thinking that there wouldn't be enough interest in a Raize Firemonkey Components package, but I am here to tell you that I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Firemonkey really, really needs you.

I am currently involved in trying to port a client project that had extensively used Raize Components, over to FMX. There are just so many, many important capabilities that your VCL components bring, that are not available with the current Firemonkey components. For example, there is no FMX equivalent of TRzTabSheet.TabVisible ! I am having considerable pain right now.

You may think that FMX's ability to make composite controls would make a Raize FMX Components package less desirable to people? Because this somehow makes making good components easier? Hardly! People buy YOUR components because they look and work great, and they save a lot of time. Even if you mostly made composite components that were FMX equivalents of your current components, people like me would buy them.

I have stayed with VCL controls up to now, and while I have bought both your controls and the TMS controls, the controls I have always used have been YOURS -- because your wonderful designers make my work so much easier.

But I am now under increasing pressure to do cross platform work, especially now that Android support is available as of XE7. And I expect that a lot of other folks feel the same pressures these days.

Cross platform means Firemonkey, which current means no Raize, which means :( (sad face) .

Please make it better for us!

Please
Dr_Bob_MILLER

Re: Firemonkey REAALLY needs Raize!

Postby Raize Support » Thu May 21, 2015 11:37 am

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this topic. I especially like the specific example that you provided regarding the TabVisible property. This is much more helpful than simply requesting that Raize Components be ported over to the FMX. Discovering the gaps that developers are running into with respect to FMX is key for us.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to General