How to recompile

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

How to recompile

Postby Nonstop » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 am

I am currently running Raize 5.5.1 on a Win 7 machine using Delphi 7.

The current TRzColorComboBox does not show the colors clSkyBlue and clMoneyGreen.

I went into the source and added them but I cannot seem to get the source to recompile and add the new functionality.

I changed MaxStdColors and added the 2 colors into StdColorItems and reset the array bounds.
Also added the 2 new properties SkyBlue and MoneyGreen.

Am I missing something?
Nonstop

Re: How to recompile

Postby Raize Support » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 pm

The easiest way to rebuild the components is to use the !Build_RC5.cmd file located in the Raize\RC5\Source directory. When you run the command file the first time, there are instructions on how to modify the top portion of the cmd file. For example, specifying the path to the command line compiler on your system. After making the changes, you can simply run the !Build_RC5.cmd file to rebuild the components and packages.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby Nonstop » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I did this and it worked great but seems awkward.
I know you did this to make the install easier but there must be a better way.

I have used Raize controls for many years and love them.
Nonstop

Postby Raize Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 am

Once you setup the initial variables in the cmd file, it is very easy to rebuild the components and packages, and the build script ensures that the components and packages are built as we intended. Loading the component packages into the IDE and building from there can easily introduce unwanted side-effects as the IDE tries to update source files and seems to constantly redirect output.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Postby GoEk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Ray,
I am trying to recompile RC6 for XE8 but I only get a Delphi compiler error message:

Fatal: F1026 File not found: 'RaizeComponentsVcl_Reg.pas'

I am running the CMD file from the Source folder and the PAS file is there. What is missing?
GoEk

Postby Raize Support » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:40 am

What version of Raize Components are you using?

Did you edit the file and make the changes described at the top of the file? That is, what is the VCLVersion variable set to?

Is there a :Version22 label in the cmd file?

Another thing to try would be to comment out the @echo off statement at the beginning of the cmd file. Then run it. You will then be able to see which statement is failing.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Postby GoEk » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:41 am

Hi Ray,
it is RC6. Today it worked, the difference this time was that I opened a Command Prompt in Admin mode, changed to the RC6/Source dir and executed the cmd-file from the command line, last time I just right-clicked the CMD file in Explorer and chosed Run as Administrator.

Regards
Goran
GoEk

Return to General