Embarcadero ... acquisition of Raize Components

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

Embarcadero ... acquisition of Raize Components

Postby GoEk » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:29 am

Hi Ray,
is it true? If so, please make a statement of how it will affect us users!

Regards
Goran
GoEk

Re: Embarcadero ... acquisition of Raize Components

Postby David Marcus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:33 am

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2015-ju ... tools.html

"I've been told the plan is to offer an upgrade to all existing Raize customers, along with the subscription, at the time we'll introduce a new release."

Comment by Marco Cantu [http://www.marcocantu.com] on July 28, 23:49
David Marcus

Postby GoEk » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:32 am

David Marcus wrote:http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2015-july-embarcadero-buys-raize-tools.html

"I've been told the plan is to offer an upgrade to all existing Raize customers, along with the subscription, at the time we'll introduce a new release."

Comment by Marco Cantu [http://www.marcocantu.com] on July 28, 23:49

Thanks. A quick look at the embarcadero store hints of a massive price increase, it will be very interesting to hear what will happen with the support.
GoEk

Postby David Marcus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:20 pm

My Embarcadero sales representative just told me "This just in- Embarcadero is offering current Raize customers that are on the latest version to add Update Subscription, which will give you access to maintenance, updates, and fixes for a year. This would be a 50% savings as you will not need to upgrade but will renew the subscription."

I asked her what Ray's involvement would be going forward, but she declined to say.
David Marcus

Postby SteveG » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:13 am

GoEk wrote:Thanks. A quick look at the embarcadero store hints of a massive price increase, it will be very interesting to hear what will happen with the support.

I saw that too. It looks like it's going to cost me over $1000 to upgrade Raize Components and CodeSite. Although I have been using Raize Components for many years, if that's what it's going to cost me from now on I'm going to drop them. That's way too much money for me. And I've never been happy with Embarcadero support, or should I say lack of support.

= Steve
SteveG

Postby GoEk » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:04 am

SteveG wrote:
GoEk wrote:Thanks. A quick look at the embarcadero store hints of a massive price increase, it will be very interesting to hear what will happen with the support.

I saw that too. It looks like it's going to cost me over $1000 to upgrade Raize Components and CodeSite. Although I have been using Raize Components for many years, if that's what it's going to cost me from now on I'm going to drop them. That's way too much money for me. And I've never been happy with Embarcadero support, or should I say lack of support.

= Steve

Unfortunately that is my gut reaction as well, if the "subscription" price wil come Close to the price for RAD Studio *annually* it is ludicrous. I guess we'll have to see.
GoEk

Postby ama » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Same situation here.

I always loved to work with Raize Components, but a subscription for that price? No way, sorry. :evil:
ama

Postby David Marcus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:47 pm

If you own the current version of Raize Components, then Embarcadero is charging $299 a year for an update subscription.
David Marcus

Postby GoEk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:32 am

David Marcus wrote:If you own the current version of Raize Components, then Embarcadero is charging $299 a year for an update subscription.

That is in the US, outside the US the prices are ususally 30-40% higher. I guess we'll see whats "in the package" first.

Edit:
Subscription here will be US$404.
GoEk

Return to General