Drop link from Firefox to TDMTextTarget

Support forum for our inter-application drag-n-drop components.

Drop link from Firefox to TDMTextTarget

Postby hschmid67 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:49 am

Hello,
is there a possibility to drop links from Firefox to a TextTarget in my application? I tried to us a simple panel connected to TDMTextTarget with setting AcceptTextFormats to dtURL but it doesn’t work. I’d like to get the anchor href link like “http://www.google.com”. It would be great to be able to drag Links from the addressbar or inside an document from Firefox.
Regards
Harald
hschmid67

Re: Drop link from Firefox to TDMTextTarget

Postby hschmid67 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:56 am

Hello Ray,
do You have an answer to my problem? I'm still looking for a solution.
Regards
Harald
hschmid67

Postby Raize Support » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi Harald
I apologize for the lack of response. I missed your original post. Thanks for posting a follow-up. The key is to figure out what drop formats are served up by Firefox. I would recommend running the FormatViewer sample project and then drag the item you are interested in from Firefox onto the FormatViewer. The app will tell you which formats are available. That information should help you figure out how to get to the link information.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby hschmid67 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Ray,
today I tested Your hint using the FormatViewer. Great app!
Thanks - this helps a lot. There are quite a few clipboard formats during dragging something from Firefox (URLs, Tabs, marked text...) And with some help (from different places) how to use this formats I found multiple possibilities to drag something from Firefox (and other apps).
Regards
Harald
hschmid67

Return to DropMaster