TrzPanel & TrzDBGrid overlapping?

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) TrzPanel & TrzDBGrid overlapping?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

In a form I have a TMainMenu, 2 TrzPanels (one is hidden unless a menu item is checked) and a TRzDBGrid. The visible TRzPanel alignment is set to alTop, the TRzDBGrid alignment is set to alclient. I have a series of speedbuttons and two TRzComboBox’s in the first TRzPanel and these controls are aligned to vertical center of the panel.

The problem I seem to have is that the TRzDBGrid overlaps the TRzPanel by some pixels so the controls that have been vertically aligned in the panel appear offcenter in the panel and it doesn’t look right. How can I get the dbgrid to butt up against the panel without overlapping it so that the controls in the panel appear properly aligned?

Ray Konopka
      Keymaster

Hi,

From your description, you have a TRzPanel with Align := alTop and a TRzDBGrid with Align := alClient. Correct?

On the TRzPanel you have placed a series of buttons and combo boxes so that they are positioned vertically centered in the panel. There is no Align property setting to force the controls to be positioned vertically centered in the panel. Therefore, I am assuming that you have simply placed the controls where you would like them. Is this also correct?

I have created a test project with a TRzPanel and TRzDBGrid with their Align properties set as described above and I have not been able to duplicate the effect you are describing. I suspect that you have other settings or configurations that are resulting in the behavior you are seeing.

Are you able to duplicate the overlapping in a new test project with just a TRzPanel and TRzDBGrid? If so, please send the source code (no exes) to support@raize.com and I’ll take a look.

Ray

Sorry that I wasn’t clear, when I said “these controls are aligned to vertical center of the panel” I meant that I selected each button and in the IDE used Edit / Align / Vertical Center in window to get the button in the vertical center of the panel.

I should have included a screen capture.

After fiddling with it for another hour, I tried setting each components alienment to alNone and then set the panel back to alTop and the dbgrid to alClient and after that the problem seemed to resolve but it’s odd in that wasn’t the first time I tried that and it previously hadn’t made any difference so I’m not entirely sure if it was that or some other setting I changed that eventually fixed it.

If it happens again, I’ll post back.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.