Help wanted to solve compiler errors with CLANG 32-bit

Support forum for our inter-application drag-n-drop components.

Re: Help wanted to solve compiler errors with CLANG 32-bit

Postby Geocentrix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 am

Ray

Thank you for the detailed explanation of where this has got to.

Would you please tell me what QC number has been allocated to this problem (presuming you have officially notified Embarcadero of this issue). I can then vote for it to be resolved as soon as possible - in the next release of RAD Studio (after Berlin Update 2) at the latest.

Since Embarcadero are working on the next release now, I want to ensure that DropMaster has a future in my code base - or, if not, find an alterntive product that does.

Andrew
Geocentrix

Postby Geocentrix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am

Would you please tell me what QC number has been allocated to this problem?

I have asked for the QC number on several occasions now, so I can track the progress with this issue. Please let me know what it is. It is getting very annoying having to chase for a response here everytime I post.
Geocentrix

Postby Geocentrix » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Geocentrix wrote:Would you please tell me what QC number has been allocated to this problem?

I have asked for the QC number on several occasions now, so I can track the progress with this issue. Please let me know what it is. It is getting very annoying having to chase for a response here everytime I post.

I am exteremely disappointed with the support you are providing for this product. Why will you not reveal the QC number of this issue in Embarcadero's issue database?

I have searched that database for 'IAsyncOperation', 'IDataObjectAsyncCapability', 'TTextDataObject' and have found no records that include thos words. This makes me question whether you have truly reported this to Embarcadero. If not, how will it get fixed?

Please respond without further delay.
Geocentrix

Postby Raize Support » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Andrew,

I do understand your frustration. We are equally frustrated because the root cause of the issue is out of our hands and we are also waiting for a response from Embarcadero. The reason I have not provided you with a QC number is that I don't have one. There may be one that Embarcadero created internally, I will try to find that out, but up to this point none has been shared with me.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby Geocentrix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Raize Support wrote:Hi Andrew,

I do understand your frustration. We are equally frustrated because the root cause of the issue is out of our hands and we are also waiting for a response from Embarcadero. The reason I have not provided you with a QC number is that I don't have one. There may be one that Embarcadero created internally, I will try to find that out, but up to this point none has been shared with me.

Ray

Ray

Embaracdero's Quality Portal at https://quality.embarcadero.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa allows anyone to report a bug in Embarcadero's products. Being a public system, its has the advantage that all users of those products know what bugs have been reported and what progress has been made fixing them.

The bug that causes DropMaster not to work should be reported there. Embarcadero will then assign their own internal tracking number to that QC report.

I'm surprised that you have not used this system. Relying on some vague notion that the bug is being deal with internally by Embarcadero is a recipe for failure.

I cannot recommend your products without proper support.

Andrew
Geocentrix

Postby Raize Support » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Andrew,

I am fully aware of the Quality Portal and have indeed used it. I have also received some additional information from Embarcadero R&D. As I suspected, an internal JIRA report was created back in August, but internal reports are not replicated in the public interface.

More importantly, I received some details on how to overcome the compiling issue that I was running into when trying to fix this issue within DropMaster itself. The good news is that the solution appears to be working. I need to do some more testing and then package it up into a new DropMaster build. I will do my best to get this released as soon as possible.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Postby Geocentrix » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Ray

Thank you for the update. I do hope you can provide a fix for the problem, since this would allow me to reinstate DropMaster into my CLANG build.

Andrew
Geocentrix

Postby Geocentrix » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 am

Ray

Do you have an ETA for when a fix for this problem might be available, please?

Andrew
Geocentrix

Postby Raize Support » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 am

Hi Andrew,

DropMaster 2.4.8 was just released. You can download it using the download link you originally received from us. There is no need to uninstall the previous build, just re-run the installer, the installer will detect the previous version and update your installation.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
Raize Support

Postby Geocentrix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 am

Thanks Ray

Version 2.4.8 has solved the problem I was having and I now have DropMaster working in my WIn32/Clang program.

Andrew
Geocentrix

PreviousNext

Return to DropMaster