Bug in RzPageControl

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Schwartz
      Participant

I don’t know who to report this to, but I figured I’ll try here. I’m not sure Embt is actually doing much with these components.

When you select the tab positions on the PageControl to Left or Right, the tab labels are displayed vertically. However, it doesn’t use the same font as when they’re displayed horizontally.

If you show them at the left then say to show them horizontally, the font is correct, so it’s likely some issue with the rotation of the font.

I was actually somewhat surprised that I can create a list of horizontal tabs on the left. It looks like what a lot of websites are doing today.

David Marcus
        Participant

Embarcadero has been fixing things in the components. You should report bugs to them. See https://raize.com/forums/topic/trzbitbtn-2/#post-2614

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi,

The rotation of the font does require a True Type font to be selected. If a non-true type font is selected, then the font is automatically changed to Verdana. Other than that, the rendering of the font is handled by the Windows API.

Ray

David Schwartz
            Participant

I guess that makes sense, except that the default font for the form is Tahoma, which I believe is a TT font. The control says that’s the name of its font as well, and ParentFont is True. The horizontal version in the PageControl looks fine, but the vertical version is clearly different.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.