RC5 - Delphi6 support

Have a Raize Components question that does not fit into any of the forums below? Post it here.

RC5 - Delphi6 support

Postby Norman Rorke » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Does RC5 work with Delphi6?
Norman Rorke

Re: RC5 - Delphi6 support

Postby Raize Support » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:06 am

Hi Norman,

Raize Components 5 includes support for Delphi 7 and later. Raize Components 4 was the last version that supported Delphi 6. We do make the final build of RC4 available to RC5 users if they need to use an older version of Delphi.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Postby Norman Rorke » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Ray,

Thanks for quick response.

I will be moving to 2010 soon. For the time being I need a decent calculator component in an existing D6 project which it seems does not exist in RC4. I upgraded to and downlowded RC5 some time ago. Is there any way I could install RC5 into D7 and migrate the calculator component to D6?

TIA
Norman Rorke

Postby Raize Support » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Norman,

Frankly, it is probably more trouble than it is worth. The source comes with RC5, so you could try compiling the source with Delphi 6. However, I'm not sure if the RC5 source would even compile in Delphi 6 anymore. The biggest issue that I can think off the top of my head is that the XP/Vista/Win7 theme support code is built into Delphi 7 and later. It had to be handled by a separate set of units in RC4 that are not distributed with RC5. There may also be other issues well.

I suppose you could try to take the Calculator code from RC5 and copy it into RC4, but I cannot guarantee that this will work.

You might have better luck upgrading your project to Delphi 7 from Delphi 6 and then you could use RC5. Then you could upgrade to Delphi 2010. The upgrade to Delphi 7 should be pretty straightforward because you do not have to deal with the Unicode string conversion, which will need to be addressed in moving to Delphi 2010.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to General