In the CodeSite Help I looked in the item 'Dispatcher', but forgot to look in the item 'Service'. But now it works on some of our machines. Only in my development environment I now have a problem: Until yesterday I used the Dispatcher in my development environment as a 'Process' and that went ok.
- Then I installed the dispatcher as a service, started the service as I did successfully on other machines but it didn't work in my development environment.
- Then I stopped the dispatcher, uninstalled it and start it as a process again, but it still did not work.
- Then I uninstalled the CS4_tools, installed it again, started the dispatcher as a process ( I see the dispatcher running when I use the taskmanager) and it still didn't work.
- Restarting my environment doesn't help either.
- I did this several times. In the windows logging I get the error
Log Name: Application
Date: 11-11-2011 13:08:00
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
The description for Event ID 0 from source CSDispatcher.exe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
The service process could not connect to the service controller
<Provider Name="CSDispatcher.exe" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-11T12:08:00.000000000Z" />
<Data>The service process could not connect to the service controller</Data>
I use CSMsgGen to send the logging to the dispatcher. My Development environment is running in a virtual environment and my OS is Windows 7.
I hope you can also help me with this problem.
Regards, Jan Reynaerts