CodeSite connect using TCP via Proxy

CodeSite logging interface classes: default "CodeSite" logger, T|CodeSiteLogger class, destinations, formatters, etc.

CodeSite connect using TCP via Proxy

Postby ebob42 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi All,

I've been using the CodeSite.ConnectUsingTcp to send codesite messages to a live viewer on a different machine. However, this time, I'm faced with a situation where I need to use a proxy to connect to the "outside world" from the application that has the codesite object embedded.

Logging to the "local" CodeSite Dispatcher works just fine, but trying to connect to a remote CodeSIte destination does not work. The system administrator of this machine says that I need to connect using a proxy. But I have no idea how to do that with the CodeSite object.

Any idea?

Thanks in adbance!

Groetjes, Bob Swart
ebob42

Re: CodeSite connect using TCP via Proxy

Postby Raize Support » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:42 am

Hi Bob,

The CodeSite logging classes use the Indy components for TCP/UDP/HTTP communication. The Indy HTTP components provide properties to specify a Proxy, and the CodeSite THttpDestination class provides access to those properties in the HTTP portion of a TCodeSiteDestination object.

However, there are no Proxy properties in the Tcp CodeSiteDestination sub-class, and I don't even see Proxy properties in the Indy TcpClient components. Regardless, the ConnectUsingTcp method is an alternate way of connecting Logger to Dispatcher.

The original intent of the ConnectUsingTcp method was to allow service applications a way to communicate with the Dispatcher. TCP is allowed to cross window station boundaries, but wm_CopyData is not. However, since it is just a TCP message, the ConnectUsingTcp method can be used to connect to a Dispatcher running on a remote machine, which is cool, but there are no additional settings in the ConnectUsingTcp method to specify a proxy.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Return to Loggers