TRzToolButton changes icon on mouse over?

Components on the Raize Buttons palette: buttons, menu buttons, spin buttons, tool buttons, check boxes, radio buttons, shape buttons, etc.

TRzToolButton changes icon on mouse over?

Postby Norm@Home » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

I've been slowly transitioning my forms from using TToolbar and to TToolbutton's to TrzToolbar and TRzToolbutton's. Previous to RAD Studio 10.2 Update 3 I had no problems but I just deleted the old and added the new on a form and there are four TRzToolbutton's and when I move the mouse over the first button the icon changes to imageindex 2 in my TImageList and when I move the mouse off of it, it then goes back to imageindex 0.

I've gone through the properties of the TImageList, the TRzToolbar and the TRzToolbutton and I can't find any explanation for this behavior and none of the other 3 TRzToolbutton's change their icon when the mouse moves over them. I've looked at several of my other applications that I've done this to previously and I do not see this behavior in any any of them.

Any idea's why this is happening?

- Norm
Norm@Home

Re: TRzToolButton changes icon on mouse over?

Postby Raize Support » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi Norm,

Check the HotIndex property of the TRzToolButton. I suspect that it has been set to a value other than -1. In the TRzToolButton, the ImageIndex property represents the default icon to use. There is also a DisabledIndex property to control which icon is displayed when the control is disabled.

Ray
Raize Software Support
Raize Software
http://www.raize.com
Raize Support

Re: TRzToolButton changes icon on mouse over?

Postby Norm@Home » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks Ray, it must have been a typeo because the hot index was set to a value other than -1; none of the other buttons had a value other than -1.

- Norm
Norm@Home

Return to Buttons