DropMaster and DPI per monitor

Support forum for our inter-application drag-n-drop components.

DropMaster and DPI per monitor

Postby RichardD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Using latest DropMaster 2.4.9 and Delphi Tokyo, DevExpress 18.1.2

In a multi monitor environment where the 2 monitors are on different DPI levels, upon moving/switching form from a 100% DPI monitor to monitor #2 (200% DPI), the DropMaster Drag/Drop no longer works.

It's as if DropMaster needs to, somehow, be re-initialized in the forms After DPI Changed event

Code: Select all
procedure TMyForm.FormAfterMonitorDpiChanged(Sender: TObject; OldDPI,
  NewDPI: Integer);
begin
  inherited;
  DMTextSource.ReInitializeForNewDPI(NewDPI, OldDPI);  //<- Something like that
  DMTextTarget.ReInitializeForNewDPI(NewDPI, OldDPI);  //<- Something like that;
end;

Or, if that's not possible, how can I make it work on the 2 monitors (seems like this was working before prior to all my upgrades, could it have something to do with using a TdxForm instead of a TForm? Then my question would be how can I make this work using a TdxForm?

Richard
RichardD

Re: DropMaster and DPI per monitor

Postby RichardD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

My apologies, everything works just fine.

Our target is a custom component that includes an InnerTreeView (a descendant of a TcxCustomInnerTreeView)

I was setting the InnerTreeView as the AcceptorControl: TWinControl instead of the custom component itself (although, with the previous DM version, setting the inner control worked) so I'm a bit confused.

In any case, keep up the good work Ray.

Richard
RichardD

Re: DropMaster and DPI per monitor

Postby RichardD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:42 pm

One thing I noticed though is that when we are in a multi-monitor (different DPI), the size of the cursor is not scaled properly when we dragged.

Can that be changed?
RichardD

Return to DropMaster